I enjoy guitar/gear forums, and I’d say 98% of the participants are cool, helpful, and fun to chat with. But occasionally we find a few interesting individuals who can make the experience slightly less than perfect. These are in no particular order. Let me know if I missed any. 😁
1. The "I won't answer your question because you're asking the wrong question" guy
What you need to know is always trumped by what he needs you to know.
2. The over-explainer
Why post a short paragraph when a full dissertation will suffice? (I’m guilty of this one, read my blog post about compensated saddles, I apologize ahead of time)
3. The guy who answers every question with “just practice more”…
4. The "let me link you to five previous threads because heaven forbid we discuss THIS again" guy.
-Bless his heart, he’s just be trying to save you time. But regardless, next time you encounter this guy immediately ask for his opinion on tone woods 😂
5. The mod who is definitely the president of his homeowners association.
It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta overdo it.
6. The angry for no apparent reason guy
This guy is pissed and nobody knows why. His usual habitat is the comment section of a YouTube video, but he visits us from time to time. Maybe his dog died, maybe his girlfriend left him for a bass player, maybe his bass player left him for a Nickelback cover band. Nobody knows, tread lightly.
7. The guy whose response is so off topic you wonder if he read beyond the OP’s title.
This guy is at his best when he’s slightly peeved. And even better when you ask him if he actually read your post and he replies that he doesn’t have time to read everything on the internet…
8. The “my age qualifies my opinion” guy
This dude has played guitar longer than you’ve been alive. And don’t forget it.